Monday, November 29, 2010

Milford Sound part II



Days three’s excitement occurred during the end of our cruse of the Milford Sound.

That morning the cruise traveled out of the sound into the high seas. The bow raised and crashed down with each wave. For fun, barefoot, I traveled to the bow with my camera. When the bow crashed down I enjoyed the short feeling of falling. At that time I was the only one out on the bow. Everyone else, mostly German tourists, observing through the windows of the captains  cabin. According to a civil engineer from Scotland and his wife, they were laughing at me for going to the bow and getting wet. However, once he and his wife had gone there he could see why. The view, much more up close and personal than the captain’s cabin. The German tourists were also commenting on how big the waves were, they were quickly corrected by the captain who said waves could get a whole lot bigger than the 5m they were currently at.


Turning around back into the ound we quickly retraced our root back to the dock.

The rest of the trip that day was an uneventful buss ride. We ended our day in Queenstown. Passing time till dinner I went window shopping down town.

I had dinner with Stephan, Mica, Eva and all of the other German tourists in our tour group. We cooked spaghetti and tomato sauce.

Later that night we traveled downtown to Minus 5 Degrees. A bar in an industrial freezer with ice statues of motorcycles and unicorns and benches were everyone wears UGG boots and coats. It cost us approximately twenty dollars to get in with one free drink and five dollars for any extra drink order.
I happily enjoyed two martinies
.




After a short pole dancing routine, I went to sleep early horseback ridding tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment